I find that often times what draws me to a game is not the same thing that draws my girlfriend. Headshots, zombies and gore may not strike my girlfriend as particularly engaging BUT that won't stop her from spending hours customizing her mercenary's mask, much to my chagrin... I found this video of the Fable series creator Peter Molyneux's new game, Milo. Built to take full advantage of the Xbox's new camera, Kinect, which allows players to interact with their games in much the same way as the Wii (but arguably in a much more interesting way), Milo follows the story of a young boy who has recently moved to a new town and is having problems adjusting. You essentially play as a figment of Milo's imagination, there to aid him in his troubles.
Most of this is explained in the video, but what really got my attention was the different ways men and women interacted with Milo. This video is a demo of the first ten minutes of the game, to which Molyneux is giving a presentation. Most of the video is regarding the game itself but Molyneux speaks, at times, about the different interactions men and women have with Milo. Very interesting. I'm done repeating the words men, women, different, interesting and Milo. Here's the video:
I always get excited when I find games that look like they'll further the acceptance of gaming as a culture. This one looks like a contender to me. What's a game that you see as a vehicle for mass acceptance? Why?
Aidan, I just watched this Milo TED talk. How cool is that? Wow. It is really amazing to see this technology. Thanks for posting this. Love it!
ReplyDelete