Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jumping the Gun

KS is trying to quiz me on nutrition facts. That means it's time for another post!

What Does the X Button Do?:
Fallout 3
Fallout 3 is an RPG (Role Playing Game) that's set in a post-apocalyptic Washington DC and plays almost like a Western. Everyone's building a new civilization, no real form of law is established yet, there are mutated survivors who act as bandits or Indians! It's pretty awesome. Sometimes it's a bit slow for me (walking across the expansive wasteland can take a while, also since it plays pretty similarly to how tasks would play out in real life it drags a bit, i.e.: Go to Dr. Braum, talk to him, get information, return to Griggs, give him information, recieve parcel, return to Dr. Braum, go... back to... zzzz.....). What it lacks in high octane action, however, it makes up in immersion factor. It's fun to create a character, customize how he or she looks, what he or she specializes in, and create relationships between characters. Another great aspect of the game is it lasts a loooooooong time. The main quest (essentially the plot of the game) is very involving and lasts around 20 hours. If you take part in all the side quests, however, it can take over a 100 hours. ...shit. Last awesome fact: Liam Neeson plays your father. The X button reloads your weapon. Which is kind of boring since that's what the X button does on a lot of shooters so I'll add that the X button allows you to drop items in your inventory. Bam! A little weight off my shoulders and I can go back to sprinting across the desert.

So, lately I've been trading all my games on a service called Goozex.com. It's a trading website where: you post the games you own and are willing to trade, someone accepts one of your games, you send it and upon arrival you recieve a certain amount of points that have a monetary value. You then use the points to buy games from other traders. Saves me a pretty penny. I'll be receiving Assassin's Creed II soon. Which I'm really excited for because I LOVED the first one. Trouble is: I'm currently trying to beat Bioshock 2, Fallout 3 and Green Day: Rock Band while still playing Halo 3: ODST, Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare 2. I've got game buyers ADD. No offense to any actual sufferers of ADD. Or ADHD, for that matter.

Here's what I'm thinking. Next post I'll share some thoughts on Project Natal (recently rebranded Kinect. ...yeah, Kinect. As in "connect") and the one after I'll share a spoil filled post on my thoughts on Modern Warfare 2 and sum up the story of both Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 (sequels) in about 7 sentences. And, if necessary, I'll skip important plot points to highlight awesome gameplay moments.

At this point I feel like KS droning on and on so I'm done.

My 360 apparently thinks I'm going to be famous... jackass: 360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/New%Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment