So, who's enjoying the infrequent posts? I'm going for the same marketing scheme as Disney with the Disney vault. Just release nothing for a stretch and then "open the doors for a limited time." Pretty sweet, right? I'm thinking this'll double my viewership. With that in mind, welcome newbies! The 4 of you will fit right in. Let's get back in the swing with...
Let's Get It On!:
Small Arms
Small Arms is an XBLA game that plays like Super Smash Brothers, but with guns. Twelve cuddley, genetically modified characters lay waste to each other on various terrains such as the sewers, the moon, a moving train, even floating in the middle of a tornado. Most of the levels have neat little effects like two buttons that, when hit simulatenously, lock off a portion of the map and fill it with lethal gas or trap doors that open up and shoot you down to a lower level. ...or you're fighting in a tornado! The fighters you can pick from have a lot of character too. One's a former Mexican mutant-wrestler chicken named Pector El Pollo. Another, named Professor Von Brown, is a scientist whom, after a freak teleportation accident, had his head replaced with a bag of flaming dog poo. Kind of demented but very funny and all cute (They don't actually show the poo so... they're at least cute looking). Each of these characters have a different gun with two firing modes that you'll need to get more ammo for as the fight continues and they're pretty fun too. Tyrone, the recently unfrozen dinosaur has one that shoots icicles and freezes his enemies. Zoe, the futuristic pop-star, shoots a constant laser and energy balls that show off her outfit. The fighting is 4 player and any people who don't make the party can be replaced by bots of different difficulties. There are different challenges, a "story mode" that consists of a series of matches with varying numbers of opponents, and 4 unlockable characters. I'd try and sell it more by breaking down the different pros and cons of it but honestly, it's Super Smash Brothers with guns! It's $5 on Xbox Live Marketplace, go get it.
Here's a clip of two of the levels to watch while you wait for it to download:
There's also some cheap dlc out for two more characters and two more levels. The characters are hysterical but they don't have bios describing their stories and the weapons the use are recycled from other characters. I think they're worth it for the levels alone. One's a slippery iceberg floating above the freezing depths and one's a fortress and an underground passage one in a castle undersiege. See?
Cool, eh? So, I'm thinking of changing the name of this segment and the co-operative segment. I know, I know. The names I have already are beyond stellar but, what the hell, I like a struggle. Suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment