Monday, July 20, 2009

Delayed Response

Sorry for the delay. I had a lot of business to attend to. But it's done now so we're back on schedule.

What's the X Button Do?
Fable II:
This game is so all inclusive I won't be able to do it justice in a paragraph but I'll try and give you the cliff notes version. In Fable II , you play as a hero of your choice (male, female, good, evil, warrior, thief, wizard, and on and on and on) in a medieval time and from there the choices continue. As you play you can buy or rent houses and stores to manage, marry your true love and raise a family or marry multiple people (men, women, prostitutes, whatever). Learn different skills as jobs such as bar tending, wood cutting, sword forging, and more. There are coliseums, tournaments and events to partake in. You can get a huge amount of hair cuts, change your outfit, get tattoos... so much. And that's not including the quests you go on. You upgrade your shooting ability (you have a flintlock pistol), sword skills, and magic mastery. The story is really cool and although no one reading will likely play this (...people ARE reading this ...right?) I won't give anything away.

What I didn't mention is you also get a dog who follows you everywhere whether you love it or abuse it. You can name him and train him in treasure hunting and combat. But you never want to abuse him because he's so awesome! Probably the best thing about the game is how much it makes you care about your family(/ies) and dog. They really are like family. Which makes the end... really hard. No spoilers... but it actually affected me like a dramatic movie.

Anyway, I didn't play that yesterday, just thought you should know about one of the greatest games on the 360. I DID play a lot of XBLA games. Cameo and I played the demo of Worms 2, some awesome new weapons, but I'm not used to the layout of it so I'm not sure if I'll drop more money on it. I also played the demo of Battlefield 1943 again... so good. ESPECIALLY in the new surround sound I set up. Explosions everywhere! Very sweet. I WILL be dropping money on that soon. Rocked out on the Dishwasher for a while. Still dying to beat that one. Turns out a friend of mine on Xbox Live, Playdoh, is beating all my high scores in that game. Which, of course means, it's on. And then I ripped apart wave after wave of baddies in Wolverine. I got ripped up by a gattling gun and missiles from a helicopter and was literally a skeleton with a nervous system before I started to heal again. AWESOME!

My 360's pissed we lost a challenge. Sometimes he's very unreasonable:
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/New%20Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment