Monday, July 13, 2009

A Couple Rounds

Just got Dead or Alive 4 today. Which means it's my...

What Does the X Button Do?
Dead or Alive 4:
A fighting game pitting ninjas against wrestlers against djs against drunks. An excellent mix of over-the-top silly warriors and deadly serious bad asses beating on each other. The best part are all the features. Story Mode, Time Attack Mode, Tag Team Mode, Survivor Mode, Team Battle Mode, Sparring Mode, Online Battles and Theatre Mode, in which you just watch two fighters go at it without even playing... that one's kind of pointless actually. Fun, diverse combos and a complex counter system that keeps every battle fresh. About 20 or so fighters, including a Spartan from the Halo universe, and maybe 15 stages, most with interactive environments, including destructible scenery and multiple levels to fight on. The X button, in my custom controls, is the punch button.

KS and I played a little to try it out since I just got it from Goozex and wanted to make sure it played all right so I could give the sender a positive review. We did tag team against AI opponents and then a few rounds against each other. I won them all, partially because I remember all the old combos from when I owned this game a few years ago and partially because I told her the controls I was using without remembering that I customized my controls. ...in other words, my block button was her punch button. ...she got hit a lot.

Also, earlier I played a little X-men Origins: Wolverine. Still as awesome and as bad ass as last night. I'm still enjoying this game tremendously.

My Xbox recapped our last week together. Didn't like some of the games we tried. http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/New%20Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment