Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peers of War

Didn't blog last night. That's because I finished playing Gears of War 2 with my good friend Lefty at 2 in the morning. Ok, here's something new. Instead of JUST telling you about a new game, I'm gonna tell you what the X button on the controller does. That way I can call this segment:

What Does the X Button Do?
Gears of War 2:
GoW2 is the sequel to a blockbuster hit. You play as a member of a squadron of soldiers on a planet that's being attacked by alien/monsters who live underground. Some are big scary monsters and some are smarter grunts who wield guns. It's very action oriented with a heavy reliance on taking cover. The first one was great (and the online multiplayer was a massive success... if not incredibly daunting because of all the hardcore players). The sequel is still fun but didn't quite deliver the same epic punch the first did. Although they did introduce Horde Mode in which you fight wave after wave of enemies. That's really fun. The X button helps you "Interact" with the world. E.i. open doors, pick up ammo, heal a fallen team mate, etc.

We played through about half the game in 4 hours. I ported my Gamertag onto his Xbox so I could get any achievements I gained (because I've actually played the same chunk of that game with Lefty before. HOWEVER, I didn't know how to port my Gamertag (my account, essentially) to his Xbox so I didn't wind up getting any achievements. So now, I'm going for some achievements and to beat the story because the game is definitely fun enough for me to give it a co-op play through... just not good enough to deserve my money.

Since I ported my Gamertag to Lefty's Xbox, however, my Xbox is pissed and actually said he felt "betrayed". ...it will be an awkward reunion tomorrow.
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/New%20Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment