Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Off To A Bad Start

No games today. Made me sad. I had plans to play Small Arms with all my room mates but Lilly had friends over so that didn't work out.
Oh! Every blog I'm gonna explain one new game I mention. So...

SMALL ARMS:
An Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) game that plays like Super Smash Bros (you know that game! if you don't just stop reading this). 4 player brawler with quirky characters and imaginative levels. Only difference is no Nintendo characters and instead of melee fighting, they all use guns.

I was also considering playing a game at night before I went to sleep but that, too, did not work out. So no games today. Great bog material, eh? Can't wait to come back for more? Here's some incentive: every day I don't play any games I'll give you a Top 5. Today's Top 5 is:

Top 5 Co-Op Games (in no particular order):
1. Army of Two -greatest co-op experience I've ever had. I played through this with KS and it was a legitimately great game which was only aided by KS' excellent gun play.
2. Kane & Lynch -this game subscribed to the philosophy of quantity over quality. Instead of making smart bad guys they threw hundreds at you. Still, the story is one of the darkest, most enthralling plots I've ever played through and playing with Cameo was fun.
3. Halo 3 -I've played the whole Halo trilogy with my sister and this was the coup de gra (sp?). Each game built on the last bringing more and more memorable moments of nonstop, varying action. This epic finale was a love letter to fans and we appreciated it whole heartedly. On a side note, each game we beat twice: once on hardcore and once on legendary. ...the women gamers in my life are good. And I fuckin love it.
4. Left 4 Dead -The whole point of the game is 4 players fighting to survive and escape a zombie infestation. No (real) story, no plot twists, nothing but co-op action. KS whipped through this with me too. Once (only important to bring up because it's not a story you play through once. it's 4 constantly changing scenarios that brings surprises each time).
5. Rock Band 2 -Need I say more?

What do you think? Did I miss any? Got any co-op moments you'd like to share? Please do so. Leave a post!

My 360 has this to say: http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/New%20Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment