Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Intro

KS wouldn't stop complaining until I did this so here we go:

Hi, my name is Aidan and I play video games. Xbox 360 to be exact. I'm living in New York with my girlfriend, Kelsey, and my two room mates, Lilly and Cameron. But from now on we're referring to them as KS, Lilly and Cameo, respectively.

I play a lot of games, and I'm trying to cut down so recently I signed up with a game trading website, called "Goozex.com", to get rid of some I've already beaten or gotten tired of. It's great because you get fair prices for your games (fuck YOU, Gamestop) and every game is represented.

Which reminds me: up until last week I worked at Gamestop. I only worked there for 5 weeks because, even though selling video games and getting discounts sounded awesome, I had forgotten all about the unrivaled thrills of slave labor (I mean, minimum wage retail). So I got out of there fast (but not before purchasing the Rock Band Stage Kit... more on that later).

My room mates aren't real gamers. Cameo plays a bit. He has a PSP and he likes playing some games with me. We're playing through Kane & Lynch: Dead Men now. Great game. Intensely dark, complex, brilliant story and fun game play. Lilly doesn't play anything unless the whole room is playing. The whole apartment likes: Mad Tracks (XBLA), Scene It! Blockbuster Smash and, of course, Rock Band 2. KS used to play a lot of games with me but has recently sworn off. ...no idea why. She likes (or at least used to like): Army of Two (one of the best experiences I've ever had playing a game was playing through that story with her... she's really good actually), Soulcalibur 4 (...KS gets really competitive), Left 4 Dead (who doesn't?), Small Arms (that's when she "goes back to her roots") and, of course, Rock Band 2 (where she shreds the bass and guitar on expert or wails on vocals... on medium). She's pretty good at any game she actually puts herself into. She usually hates a game after playing it for 5 minutes because she doesn't get it right away but she she gives it a shot she rocks and I have great times with her.
And that pretty much brings us all up to speed. I know some of that didn't make sense but it will in later blogs. I'm hating myself already for doing this so I'm done now.

Oh! One last thing. My 360 has a blog too. It's automated so no one writes it. The Xbox just writes a one paragraph recap of all the games we played and how fun it was and what our gamer score is. Apparently, my Xbox is really competitive but obsessed with gaming. He also thinks I don't play enough. I'll wrap up every entry with a link to his blog. Here it is: http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/new%20gunslinger


1 comment:

  1. Aw, so cute! He loves me when I play video games. ... I guess I should play more often, huh?

    KS

    ReplyDelete