Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Surrounded

Got to try the surround sound with Dead Space yesterday. ...that game shouldn't be so scary. But you already know about that game so here's...

What Does the X Button Do?
Turok:
Turok is a newer game that plays like an old school, first person shooter. In it, you're a soldier part of a squad that has crash landed onto a planet where dinosaurs live. You were hunting a terrorist who also happens to be on the planet and whose motives are secret. Your job is to find a way off the planet. It's very fast intense action in which you can use and knife or bow and arrow for silent kills, dive sideways while shooting to get out of the way of charging dinos and also dual wield multiple weapons, including two shotguns.... oh yes. The environments are gorgeous and the mercenary shoot outs are fun but the real draw is the dino fights. The X button reloads your weapon(s).

I played a little of that, which actually sounds really cool in surround sound too since there are jungle noises everywhere. Then I played some versus mode of Left 4 Dead, great game that I haven't been in the mood for lately. I wrapped up the night with some Dead Space. Played until my fragile heart and weak bladder couldn't take it anymore. No nightmares though. Yay!

Also, a good friend of mine got an Xbox 360 so I'll be playing games with him. He got Bioshock, Oblivion, Brothers in Arms: Highway to Hell, and Army of Two. All great games but no multiplayer... except for Army of Two but I traded that game on Goozex a few weeks ago. Bummer. He'll get Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead soon enough.

KS and I got Resident Evil 5 in the mail today. Here's hoping the next entry you read had some news about that (read: I hope so badly that we play a little)

My 360 had this to say:
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/New%20Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment