Thursday, July 9, 2009

XBLA Night

Another fairly slow gaming day.
...well actually that's not true.
I downloaded a demo for the XBLA game 1943.

1943:
A multiplayer only (no single player story, no split screen multiplayer or co-op, nothing but single online players playing together) WWII game in which you play as an American or a Japanese. The great thing about it is there are three different classes of soldiers to play as all with different weapons and perks, different vehicles to fly, drive or shot in, and you try to beat the other team by capturing all the command points.

Lots of fun! I whipped right through the 30 minute trial and am seriously considering ponying up the $15 asking price to play more. I got the hang of it very quickly, was getting most of my points by killing and had a blast winning dog fights as a pilot. Turns out, not many players are good at flying planes.

As I waited for KS to come home I played a small chunk of Turok. Fun, old school style game in which you battle dinosaurs and mercenaries. ...I know, right?

Then KS offered to play Small Arms (what a sweet heart) but Cameo was busy with homework (nerd!) so I offered to skip a 2 player tournament and we played one level of Castle Crashers. That's one of the greatest XBLA games ever and KS hates it. It's really quite heart breaking. But she helped me get an achievement then went to bed.

After I put her to sleep I redownloaded an old favorite: Prince of Persia classic, another XBLA game (are we seeing the pattern? the title is making a little more sense now, huh?) ad played through the first 1/4 of that. Trying to get an old achievement that eluded me the first time around.

I capped off the night with Dishwasher: The Dead Samurai. I'll tell you about that one soon. I tried to pay through on normal but even THAT was too hard, so I'm replaying on easy hoping to score some achievements.

Fun night. Expecting X-men Origins: Wolverine the game to come in the mail any day now. ...Trust me. You'll KNOW when I get that one.

My Xbox is getting more competitive and is now competing with Baddog007 and LeftyBear81. ...I don't like it when he gets like this: http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/New%20Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment