What Does the X Button Do?
Rock Band 2:
Rock Band 2 is probably in my opinion the best video game ever created. I say probably because I don't really consider it a game at all. It's a simulation in which you pick up the guitar, bass, drums or mic and play or sing to hundreds of songs ranging from the 60's to the 90's, from Country to Heavy Metal, from popular hits like "Mr. Brightside" to more eclectic songs such as "Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld". You may create any number of rockers with different outfits, instruments and personality traits to rock a career with u to three friends or just play a quick set list. Even better is the controllers you play with aren't the regular 360 controllers but rather controllers modeled off the instruments. Drums you pound on, guitar you hit buttons on the neck and strum the strings, etc. It's awesome. Unfortunately, because songs come out for it EVERY TUESDAY and each new song is $2 and each instrument costs a pretty penny AND there are many accessories, such as the Rock Band Stage Kit which adds fog and lights to your rock session, I've sunk about $800 into this game (at least!). But it is worth every penny.
Didn't play that though. I played Dead or Alive 4 with KS (I think we found our new fighting game) and the demo of Resident Evil 5. I think we're gettin it. KS likes it because it's slow paced and she can line up shots and I love any game KS is willing to play with me. It doesn't hurt that it's a great game either. We're getting it now so that we can play when we want to, and when KS isn't in the mood (every hour but one out of the week) I'll play another one of my newer games.
Like Wolverine, which is like SEX! ...but better. ...don't visualize that though. I don't know how Raven (the developers) did it but tearing people limb from limb NEVER gets old. They have some great achievements too. Throw 10 enemies off a high area to their deaths and you get the "Drop Dead" achievement. Impale Sabretooth (main baddie) onto a broken tree branch during a fight and you get the "Stick Around" achievement. It's nice to feel accomplished and laugh out loud at the same time over things. Makes me happy.
My 360 's being cocky again. I may spite him soon. ...but how? http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/New%20Gunslinger
Note: I forgot to mention I didn't say what the X button does in Rock Band 2 because there is no X button. You play the games with instrument controllers. The only instrument that uses a controller is the microphone for pick songs, difficulty, etc. During play, however, the X button allows a singer to change the mic sensitivity, allowing the singer to get closer or farther away from the mic. Helps when you're playing the guitar AND singing and you're not able to eat the mic.
ReplyDelete